Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Reinventing the Wheel

I read an article the other day in my "More" magazine, about sending in your articles on how you have reinvented yourself.. I have to say this really hit a nerve. Reinvent myself?, It took me 42 yrs to like the woman I am now! It took me 42 years to understand myself. And now that isn't enough?I have to reinvent this version?.
I understand improving myself, being the best version of myself that I can be, but to completely reinvent myself? That suggest there is something wrong with the version that I am.
I have Never seen an article in a Man's magazine about reinventing themselves, I guess whatever type of man you are is fine, but as a woman, we aren't good enough to just be who we are, we have to REINVENT ourselves.
Its not "enough" to have a career, take care of a family,be a wife or homemaker.  It irks me, that as a woman, "they", whoever "they" are, are always suggesting we are not enough. What we do is not "enough" how we look is not"enough" who we are is not"enough",what we have is not "enough"!
 Well I say enough is enough. Its time we as women fight back, and decide that we don't need to "reinvent" ourselves,we need to embrace ourselves, be content with ourselves,we need to stop comparing ourselves,stop criticizing ourselves and most importantly, we need to  love ourselves, because, I'm pretty sure the God who made me is the same God who made you, and I promise he did not make a mistake.

No comments: