Monday, October 13, 2008

Women in My Life

I have just spent the most amazing mini -beach vacation with my girlfriends~! We spent three glorious days with no kids or hubby's. We ate all day whatever we wanted, chocolate chip pancakes with strawberries, syrup and whip cream was our breakfast! It was delicious, no calories were counted this weekend! We ate cookies, and pie, and dips. We did not skip a meal or a snack. We talked for hours and watched endless mushy, gushy, girl movies. We did not wear makeup,or fancy clothes. We wore whatever was comfortable,sometimes staying in our pajamas until late afternoon.
It was so fun bonding with these women, most of whom I have known for more than a year. It was a time of reflection on our lives, our children, our relationships. It was a totally safe,and trusted environment to just be yourself, a come as you are mentality. I have never been with a group of women who made no judgements or opinions on who I am, but accepted me warts and all(there are alot of warts!). We got real, skeletons came out, personalities were admitted. It was honest, raw, shameless and very freeing.
I have become so blessed by the relationships God has brought into mylife this past year. I have found some amazing women of faith, who are just like me. IMPERFECT. Trying to live their life the best they know how, with many mistakes being made along the way. But knowing that we are all in this together.
There were so many differences in our lifestyles, economic status, age, personalities, and appearances, but somehow we found a way to set all of that aside and come together as women! Supporting each other , encouraging one another, lifting and building each other up.
So many times in my life, I have seen women become my own worst enemy, maybe for no other reason ,but a simple assumption, that was usually wrong .
I guess that is why I am so excited, I found a group of women who allowed me to lay it on the line,be myself completely. I will no longer give up pieces of myself , or change who I am for any friendship. I am who I am. And what I learned this weekend is this, that we are all the same, in more ways than one. We have the same thoughts, ideas, struggles, wounds, insecurities, needs, desires, hopes and dreams. Everyone of us has her own story, most are NOT the fairy tale kinds. We are each striving to leave our own legacy, a new one.
Women are my hero's. We live more passionately, we laugh harder, and we love deeply. We each shine with our own beauty. We are adventurous, courageous, selfless, determined, and strong. We give life and will lay down our lives for the ones we love. We were made in the most intimate image of Our Creator. We each have significant purpose. Do not EVER let anyone convince you otherwise.
Today, go and tell the women in your life how awesome they are, how beautiful they are, and how much you love them... I just did!

No comments: