Thursday, October 2, 2008

Scary Price!

Well, I spent four hours going from store to store to find my kids their "perfect" Halloween costume. I must be crazy because when I was little we used what we found around the house, and made up the character you were portraying. Now they have a costume for every comic book character, every movie hero, every demon and even every day house hold items.These were some that I saw today: a whoopee cushion, Adam and Eve, a baby on the back of an old lady,McDonald's french fries,ketchup and mustard?
Of course my kids want to be Star wars clones or the power rangers. I was only too happy to go and buy these for them, I mean every parent wants their kid to have the "cool" costume. However, I didn't plan on spending the afternoon seeking them out, to find them at Target for a whooping' 39.99, yep they were that much! What do you do? You have been looking for these particular ones all day, your kids have their hopes up, they are jumping up and down with pure excitement to bring home their treasured costumes and show all their friends!
So, I did what any good, loving parent would do, I laughed and said,"Are You are kidding me? I am not paying 40$ for a costume you will wear for one night, no way, you better hope it goes on sale!".
Then they both stop and looked at me with these big, sad, round, eyes filling quickly with tears. It was horrible, I felt so bad for them, but too bad. I am not paying that much for any costume, I don't even spend that much on my bra's~ so instead I said," How about we buy some gum, and I will keep checking the paper for when they go on sale". They were like, okay, can we get ice cream too?"..."Sure, why not?" I am still a great mother:) I mean ice cream before dinner, how cool am I?we left.

later: we are outside in the front yard, when Nolan tells me we have to decorate our house for Halloween this year, because we have been the lamest house every year! So they tell me to please by this witch and spider at Costco for the front yard, its only $249.99! yeah right!

2 comments:

Ex Wife to a Douchebag - disgusted by his white trash fiance said...

Decorate? What's decorating? Oh, you supposed to do that? Crap.

FYI .. the Sentinel had $1.00 off coupons for candy - the good stuff. I don't know why I am excited about this, I am one of the houses that doesn't give out candy.

Victoria said...

Meanie Mommy. They should have called their Aunt Bikki.