Sunday, August 10, 2008

Working for a Living

Bob is coming home today after a three week trip. This is the longest he has been gone for awhile. We have been fortunate to have him home most of the summer, but I see that this may start to become a brief pattern for him because of the new plane they are purchasing in a few months.
Here is what I did in the three weeks while he was gone.
Laundry
Cleaning
reorganized play room
bought school supplies
shuffled kids everywhere
watched every girl flick out on DVD
ate hot dogs,macaroni and cheese,chicken nuggets, McDonald's, pizza, and cereal
grocery shopped
fixed AC
fixed pool cleaner
fixed running toilet

Here is what hubby did while he was away "working"
Fly airplane
sit in posh hotel
eat steak, lobster,fish,and Italian
send clothes off to be laundered
sit by pool, beach, apply sunscreen
read two great books
seen Mexico, LA, Hollywood, and Vegas

And he is the one that gets the pay check! I have said it once, I will say it again, I should have been a pilot.

3 comments:

jumbled up and complicated. very discombobulated. said...

you forgot some of Bob's activities:

-miss Brenda
-wish Brenda was there
-worship Brenda
-tell Brenda how much he misses her
-tell Brenda how wonderful she is
-poop and sleep

how could you forget!!! hahahah

The Pilot's Wife said...

Kara, thank you so much for putting everything into perspective and reminding me, that all my hubby does is pine over me when he is away! that is reassuing!lol. I love you so much.
Love, Aunt B

Anonymous said...

SO true!