Wednesday, September 10, 2008

100 Calorie Pack

I went to Walmart today to grab a few things with my daughter. I love that they have stuff to buy while you are waiting in line to checkout, they always have food to eat, candy,batteries, lip stuff etc. I am a total impulse buyer, Walmart counts on this. I love this stuff, so I grab a box of those 100 calorie pack hostess little Debbie's. I was so excited for two reasons, one I wanted something sweet, and two, duh, 100 calories!
I pay for my things and race to my car. I can not wait to get my hands on those little debbie's, love them! I am stuffing everything into the car, and I grab the hostess box out, I want to eat one NOW!
I am so excited I rip open the box in great anticipation, I could already taste the sweetness. I pull the package out ready for my treat. I finally look down at the package of cakes and laughed out loud. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? THATS IT? NO WAY, I couldn't believe these were so small, they looked like miniture baby doll food! I started lauging so hard, Regan is like, whats so funny? as she is eating hers. I show her my three tiny little(should have been called teeny weeney debbie's)cakes, I tell her, this is the smallest food I have ever seen, they look so much bigger in the picture! She was like, its 100 calories, what did you expect?
So I still ate them, and after three packages I felt completey happy and satisfied!!

3 comments:

The Chapins said...

i did the same exact thing with the 100 calorie oreo packs. i stopped at 2 though. haha

Ex Wife to a Douchebag - disgusted by his white trash fiance said...

I had the same experience with the pecan sandies that come in the individual packs. I opened it, the cookies were super tiny and there were only 4! Uh, hello I need the full size cookie and way more than 4!

jumbled up and complicated. very discombobulated. said...

hahaha more like 300 calorie packS!
they really do trick you with the size of those things, but all the ones i've had so far taste good at least! ...even the "oreo" ones.

p.s. sorry.. i was sleeping when you called earlier and my phone forgot to tell me until i just checked my voicemail! i'm busy for the rest of the night, but i'll call you again tomorrow... at least we can try to talk tomorrow or over the weekend! i miss you! love you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!