Tuesday, June 3, 2008

What were they thinking????

I help out at my church once a month in the 18 months-2 year olds. This past Sunday was my day to help. We had quite a few kids this time and it was just two of us as the teachers. We had some rowdy boys, and they were getting into everything,destroying anything in their paths.We had the usual kids, and some new kids that I had not met yet. One particular boy was very busy, and at one point I couldn't find him. I looked to see what his name was on the sign in sheet and I started saying his name. Assa,where is Assa? I asked my helper where is Assa? She stared at me. I jokingly said, he is a pain in my assa! My helper says, Brenda his name is Asa(pronounced long A Suh)apparently not assa. I was so apologetic! I felt so stupid.
So it reminded me of names that parents give their kids, that I am sure they will get beat up on the playground for. So I looked up names on the US National Census of birth registry and thought I would share a few.
Langina -(pronounced lan gina)
Asswipe(pronounced as weep ey)
Shithead(pronounced shi thead)
Noe(pronounced NO-ee)
orangejelo(pronounced oran gelo)
and then there are names that are just funny, also courtesy of the US National Census Birth registry. If you do not believe me, you too can look them up. There were many more,but these were some of my favorites!
Harry Pitts
Jus-n-Thyme
Wanna Towell
Paige Turner
Fanny Large
Tiny Hooker
Cherry Gran
For the record Asa was one of the nicest boys in the class! And I will never mispronounce his name again.

1 comment:

jumbled up and complicated. very discombobulated. said...

some names that celebrities have named their kids:

-Apple (Gwyneth Paltrow's daughter)
-Audio Science (Shannon Sossamon's daughter)
-Pilot Inspektor (Jason Lee's son)
-Fifi Trixibell... with siblings Pixie & Peaches Honeyblossom (some crazy English celebrities' kids)

There are way more I'm sure, but those are some pretty good ones. HAHA!!!!!