Friday, June 6, 2008

Cell Phone Etiquette 101

Hey I love my cell phone as much as the next person. I will be the first to admit that I could not live without it, and I don't remember what I did before it. But there are some rules that need be followed.So I came up with a few things that irritate me about cell phone use.So I thought I would share.
1.Don't answer you damn cell phone when you are out to lunch with me.(I mean that is my time, and if you don't want to talk to me, than don't ask me to lunch).
2.I don't want to know all about your husband,your kids,your mother, your boss ,that friend you can't stand,your money problems, or your sex life. (If you are in a bookstore and can't walk outside to have this VERY private conversation, just shut-up. I don't know you, but I may know that person your gossiping about, and I promise I will tell her what you said.)
3.Drive your damn car.(If you can not turn, push the gas pedal, stop, or any other basic road rules while driving with your cell phone, put it down.
4.If you are at a park with your kid, why don't you put the cell phone down and actually spend time playing with them. It does not count as "quality time" with your kids if you sit and talk on your cell phone the whole time.Oh. and when your conversations over, its time to go home.
5.If you are at your kids sporting events. Put the cell phone down, and watch the damn game. I don't care if your employee couldn't get the copier fixed, but I do care if my kid makes a basket.
6.Do not answer your phone in these places. Church, funerals, weddings,library, or any waiting room. That is what texting is for!
7.If you want to order food, hang up your phone. I can't stand to be in line with someone who is trying to order food and have a conversation at the same time.Its annoying and you don't look cool.
8.At any point you come in contact with someone you need to talk to in person, get off your phone.Show some respect.

And BTW , these cell phones may be little, but I am not deaf, I can hear you just fine, you don't have to talk at 100 decibels, a normal tone will do.
Thank you for your consideration.

PS- Oh,yeah, If and when I do all of these things , take out your cell phone and call someone who gives a damn!

No comments: