Thursday, April 24, 2008

Celebrate

I always get nostalgic in April. I have Two anniversaries , one the most tragic, my father's death, and the other the happiest day of my life, my wedding- Ironic-Two days that I feel the most intense feelings. From sadness to Joy! all within a few days of each other. It is just another reminder that Joy does come in the morning. That to really grow, to live, in life we cannot and will not experience one without the other. They are inseparable, united.
To love means inevitably you will not only feel, but experience pain, at times unbearable. I do not know how anyone gets through either without Christ!
For me, I welcome both, it is when I am truly feeling the depths of both that I experience life, and understand God's amazing love and Grace-So, tomorrow I will go down to my father's niche and celebrate his life, and then five days later, I will go out and celebrate my life,my marriage!

1 comment:

Victoria said...

Wow. It does put things in perspective, doesn't it? Dad was very proud of you, little pig. So is Bob. So am I. You are loved by many. I'm thinking about you this week, right after my own good cry.