Friday, April 4, 2008

'Twas The Night Before

This is it! Tomorrow I leave @ 5am for my Triathlon! Yes, I said 5am. They want you there early to make sure you fill out your will! Anyway, we are really doing this thing. Did a re-check on gear and everything is packed. The one part that is really gonna suck is that it is so early in the morning and I can't have any DD before the race, so as not to upset my stomach. This pisses me off. The anticipation is killing me. I am excited with a mixture of nerves. I am driving Bob nuts going checking and re-checking. Oh, did I mention Bob won't be able to make it? Yes ,he was called yesterday and was told he will be flying to Texas to go to the Final Four. I am going with two of my best girl-friends. Gail who I talked into doing this with me, and Maryanne who is our personal photographer (no, really she is a professional photographer, hey I know people!)They must love me to go anywhere with me at 5am without my coffee!!
Its amazing , its taken me all year to train and it will probably only take about 1-to 1& 1/2 hours to complete? I will then be going to the beach with the Legacy Ladies until Sunday Night-You will have to wait until Monday to
1.See how I finished
2.See if I drowned
3. See the pictures._
Whoo- Hoo I know the suspense is killing you!
Here is a little poem I wrote just for you!

'Twas the night before my Triathlon
I am nervous as hell,
The bike is in the car and my friends have wished me well.

I ate my fill of carbs tonight, and checked over the map,
I 've packed my goggles, helmet, my bathing suit and lucky cap!

I have biked and ran and swam now, for almost a year,
So I am really glad that this race is finally, here.

Please pray for me tomorrow, that I will survive
I just want to cross that finish line, partially alive!

By the time the sun comes up, I will be a Tri-athlete,
So I better go to bed now and get some much needed sleep!

4 comments:

The Chapins said...

GO AUNT B!!!! i'm rooting for you all the way to the finish line! LOVE YOU! you are going to be great.

jumbled up and complicated. very discombobulated. said...

I'M SO EXCITED TO HEAR ABOUT IT!!!

just so you know... after your last post i decided i'm doing a triathlon sometime in the next year or so. i'll probably die, but i'm going to do it anyway! haha

GOOD LUCK! I LOVE YOU!!!

Victoria said...

I am so proud of you!!! I would give anything to be there with you as you cross the finish line! I'm praying for you and I believe in you! You can do it! You're my hero! I love you!

D's Mom said...

I pray that your swim suit does not fall off! You go girl, I can't wait to get all the details.